Monday, March 3, 2014

Color Project

Planning:
     

     

     For my two in one project I chose Creature as the theme. I incorporated the theme by drawing an animal. I drew a tree frog on a leaf and a tree frog is a type of creature.  
     I chose oil pastel as my medium because for me it is easy to blend. I needed an easy to blend medium for the eyes and the skin of the frog to make it the right color.
     The only difficult part I had was the background. Since the tree frog is green it was hard to find a background that won't blend with the frog. That's why I chose a dark leaf and blue paper.


Plan (Sketch book):

In progress:

Final:
 
     
Finished: 
     I think my piece was successful because the colors blended really we'll and I think that helped it look like a better tree frog. I am most proud of the eyes because they look realistic and the colors blended well.
     If I could change one thing I would change the blue background. I wouldn't completely change it I would add more to it. Like maybe a branch that the leaf is coming off of.
     I learned that blending with oil pastels is really easy and helpful but very messy.
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment